In 1864, Eloy Lecanda has founded the winery that symbolizes the golden legend of Spanish red wine. Throughout its long history, it has belonged to different owners, although it has always maintained an unquestionable personality, making concentrated, mature, generous and extremely elegant wines. Since 1982, the winery is owned by the Álvarez Mezquíriz family, who has developed a policy of harmonisation of present innovative techniques required by the wine sector with the traditional winemaking process. The vineyard area has been extended and a modernisation process has taken place both in and out of the winery. Consecutively, Alión (1992, Valladolid), Tokaj Oremus (1993, Tokaj) and Bodegas Pintia (2001, Toro) have been added as projects.